Sunday, August 3, 2014

elf HD Lifting Concealer

Hi everyone!

Today I have another elf review for you over their HD Lifting Concealer. I'm really trying to get caught up from my elf haul from April.


On my quest to find a cheaper under eye, brightening concealer... and well, let's be honest, also in my quest to try out more elf products (because I love most of them), I picked this up. Plus it was on sale at the time, so hey can't beat that.... right?


Since I wanted this to be more of a brightening concealer for under my eye area, I picked it up in the color "brightening," which as you can see it kind of a pale yellow. In this concealer they also have skin tone shades in light, medium, and dark - and corrective colors in lilac and green.


When I swatched this, I thought it was creamy and a color that would brighten like it was supposed to... but after trying it out a few times... not really. It's actually pretty sticky, and it really doesn't do anything noticeable at all. I even tried it as a highlighter... nothing.

I'm really kind of sad that I bashed on two elf products in one week, because I really do love the brand as a whole, but they are just really missing the mark on some of these concealers.

I might try to use this as maybe an eyeshadow primer, but as far as a concealer goes, I just don't think this is a good product. At least not this color anyway.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute


No comments:

Post a Comment