Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Disney Ariel Bronzer Set

Hi everyone!

Continuing my mini review of the Walgreens exclusive Disney cosmetics sets I picked up - today I'll be showing you the Ariel Bronzed Beauty Set from elf Cosmetics.


This set comes with a bronzer compact, in the most adorable packaging I might add, and a mini kabuki brush.




The bronzer looks rather dark in the pan, but it actually swatches much lighter.


From top to bottom: The dark shade of the bronzer alone, the golden splotches, and them swirled together.


Left to right: Dark shade alone, golden splotches, and mixed together.

These swatches were done on my arm from the finger swatches, so they look pretty pigmented here... but when I have actually tried to apply this bronzer to my face with a brush, I can't even seen that it adds any color to my face; it just makes it a little glittery from the golden parts. 

Even though this didn't really work out as a bronzer for me, I will be using this as an eyeshadow - no point in wasting a pigmented product. This could also be used as a chest/arm shimmer for going out.


The kabuki brush that came in the set is surprisingly not bad. Now, I love most elf brushes, but sometimes brushes that come in kits are just not the best quality. This brush has really dense bristles and picks up a fair amount of product. The small size makes it good for contouring around the face and in the hollows of the cheeks. 

All in all, this little duo was $4.99, and I have to say, while it's not the best bronzer in the world, this set is adorable and I am glad I picked it up.


Anyone else have this set? Thoughts? Let me know!


Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment