Friday, March 28, 2014

Review: BH Cosmetics - Take Me to Brazil Palette

Hi everyone!

Going along with my BH Cosmetics review series... today's review is over the Take Me to Brazil Palette.



As with the last eyeshadow palette I reviewed by BH, this one has absolutely adorable packaging! I just love how bright it is! This palette is made from sturdy cardboard, features a magnetic closure, and a decent sized mirror.

While I could probably obsess about how cute this packaging is all day, the best part of the palette is...


... the eyeshadows of course. Can we say holy color rainbow Batman?!?! 

I have numbered each of the shades so you can match  them up with my swatches below since they do not have individual names.

The first set of swatches are done by swirling my finger in each shadow just once and then the second set is made by swiping the shadow from my finder to my forearm with no primer or base of any kind so you can see the true pigmentation of the product.





Sorry the color of my arm looks crazy in each section of the swatches... the flash on my camera was acting all wonky. From what I can see though, the color of each shadow is true to life.

So as you can see, most of these shadows are crazy pigmented! There is a variety of matte and shimmery shades in pretty much every color of the rainbow. A couple of the lighter colored shadows are a little powdery, but not so much that they can't be worked with. 

I really like that BH included a black and white shadow along with all the crazy bright colors to somewhat balance the palette out, but I can't say that I love the fact that they are like three times as big as the rest... That's just me nit picking...

In real life, I always wear my eyeshadow with a primer, which makes these colors pop even more than they do in the swatches.... yeah... that can happen.... plus it helps them to last all day (14-18 hours). 

Pricing:

This palette retails on BH Cosmetics' website for $19.95 and I got it on sale for $10 plus a free blush duo of my choice. As stated in all my reviews, BH is ALWAYS having sales, so there is no need to pay full price for most any of their products.

At regular price, each shadow is $0.67 a piece and on sale, I got them for $0.33 a piece!

The Bottom Line:

If you are looking to add a lot of color to your eyeshadow collection, this is a great way to do it! You are getting 30 super bright, super pigmented shades at a ridiculously amazing price! I would definitely compare the quality of this product to some of the higher end ones I own. Main difference, this leaves you a little extra green in the pocket :)

What's your favorite bright eyeshadow color?

Hope everyone is have a beautiful day!!




**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)barginbeaute

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! This helped me take my decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates. luxdam

    ReplyDelete