Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Review: BH Cosmetics - Floral Blush Duo in Daisy

Hi everyone!

Here's the second review in my BH Cosmetics series. Today I will be sharing my thoughts on my new go to blush: the Floral Blush Duo in the color Daisy.



In my opinion, the packaging is quite attractive, featuring daisies in the same color as the blush and highlight shades the set is named for. As with their eyeshadow palette in my last review, this palette is too made from sturdy cardboard and has a magnetic closure. It also features a fairly decent sized mirror for a blush compact.


The blush in the Daisy duo is a soft, mostly matte, peachy-pink and the highlighter is a shimmery gold. 

Lately I have been using both the blush and the highlighter from this duo on almost a daily basis, as I find it gives me a nice, natural look for every day wear. Previously I had been using MAC's Flower Fantasy as my everyday blush... well until it shattered. I find this color to be almost the exactly the same and wears just as comparably; for a far better price. 
Below are two sets of swatches. The first is a single fingertip swirl in each color with no form of primer or base, and the second is each color swiped on to the back of my hand. Sorry if you can't see the highlighter swatch on my hand too well, I should have done it on my forearm :/


Pricing:

 The Floral Blush Duos retail for $9.95 on BH Cosmetics' website. When I purchased mine, it was on sale for $3.95. As I've said before, they are always having a sale of some sort (I just checked and in fact they are having one right now), so I would never pay full price for something off of their site. 

The Bottom Line:
I absolutely am in love with this blush duo! You get a fairly large amount of an amazing product for a ridiculously amazing price. As I said, I've been wearing it almost everyday for the past couple of weeks, and I have no complaints. It goes on very smoothly and stays put all day! Definitely comparable to  high end blushes I have used (MAC, NARS, Urban Decay).

If you are in the market for a new blush and/or highlighter, pick one of these up and give it a try. With 5 different shades to choose from, I think there is at least one that would flatter every skin tone.
 Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)barginbeaute


No comments:

Post a Comment