Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Review: BH Cosmetics Jumbo Concealer Pencil

Hi everyone!

Continuing my BH Cosmetics review series I have been doing the past few days, today's review will feature the BH Cosmetics Jumbo Concealer Pencil.


 As you can see, I purchase the color Olive. Sorry the tip is a little on the bottom pic isn't all nice and pristine.... I had been using this for a few days when I took the picture lol.

Anyway, if you've seen my swatches from my other reviews, you can probably tell my skin tone is quite fair, making this concealer a bit too dark for me (also as seen below). I purchased it purposely darker and more on the yellow side to use as an under eye concealer. I have pretty dark under eye circles, and darker yellow toned colors have been working well to conceal them under my foundation. Unfortunately, the product I had been using ran out and has been discontinued.


The concealer does go on quite smooth... well everywhere but under the eye... The skin under the eye is really quite different from the skin on the rest of the face, which makes it a little difficult sometimes to find products that work well in that area. I found when I tried to apply this under my eye, it pulled a little (big no no) and it didn't go on as creamy and thick in that area as is did elsewhere.

 I don't think I can really say how well this product covers, considering it is in a color that is quite darker than I am... so naturally it is going to cover something on me that it may not on a person with the skin tone the shade was intended for.

I really don't know what I'm going to be doing with this pencil since it doesn't fulfill my intended purpose. Maybe I'll try using it as an eyeshadow base... I'll try out a couple of things and provide an update. 

Pricing:
The regular price for this pencil is $5.95 and I got it on sale for $3.50. As usual, BH has sales all of the time, so you never need to pay full price for anything you order from them

The Bottom Line:

This concealer pencil seems like it would work well (except for under the eye area) if it were in my correct shade. Like I said, since it's too dark... I don't think I can honestly tell. If you are already ordering some products from their site, it's a good price if you feel like you want to go ahead and give it a try.
Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)barginbeaute


No comments:

Post a Comment