Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kiss Complete Salon Acrylic Kit Review

Hi everyone!

So sorry I haven't had an update in the past couple of weeks... life has been super busy!

Anyhoo.... today I'll be doing a first impressions/review/how to on the Kiss Complete Salon Acrylic Kit. I picked this up at Walgreens a few weeks ago now when I wanted to do some at home refills on my acrylic nails instead of going back to the salon.

The reason this is a part "first impressions" part "review" is because while I have used some of the products in the kit so far, like I said above, it was for refilling nails I already had on. I haven't done a full set start to finish yet.


Inside the "Complete Salon" kit, you get pretty much everything you need to your own acrylic nails at home.

 
Everything comes in a two sided plastic box...


First off is all the chemicals - the acrylic powder, liquid, primer, nail glue, and "apple fresh."

If you don't already know what each of the chemicals does I'll give you a break down below:

Nail Glue - Pretty obviously, this is what is used to glue down the artificial nail tips that come with the kit if you decide to use them.

Primer - The acrylic primer is a must to make the acrylic stick to your natural nail without lifting off. After you glue the tips on (if you use them) then you will want to put primer all over the exposed natural nail, avoiding the cuticles.

Acrylic Liquid/Powder - The combination of these two items is what makes the actual acrylic nail. You pour some of the liquid (which looks like polish remover) in the dappen dish (provided in kit) and dip the nail brush (also provided) in the liquid to moisten (draining excess off on paper towel) and then dipping the damp brush into the powder until a little ball forms. You then brush the little ball onto the nail - thus making the acrylic nail!

Apple Fresh - You are supposed to drop some of this in with the acrylic liquid when you pour it in the dappen dish so it doesn't smell as bad... but it doesn't work... your work area will still smell like you're in a nail salon for a while. Don't worry, you get used to the fumes after a while lol.


Here's a close up of the acrylic powder. It is snow white in the container, but when you mix it with the liquid and apply to the nail, it dries clear.


Here's the tools that come with the kit:

Orange Stick - to push back the cuticles

Dappen Dish - to pour the acrylic liquid in while using

Acrylic Nail Brush - to apply the acrylic to nail. I think this brush was a little too long. It worked well, but I think I'll try to find a little bit shorter brush before I use this kit again to see if that makes life easier.

Nail file - you know... to file your nails ;) I actually really like this one - it has a very rough grit, which is good for the fake nails

Buffing Block - to smooth/even out the acrylic after it has been applied to the nails.


This thingy is supposed to be a filing/shaping guide. I haven't used it yet... but I assume the little grid mark lines are so  you can ensure all your nails are the same length and have the same angles/curves.


And finally... the nail tips! They come in quite a variety of sizes and two different "colors."

There is the traditional clear-ish artificial nail tips which in the kit would be used if you plan on polishing the your nails after you're done applying them.

This kit also has opaque white tips, which you would use if you wanted the "french" manicure look. Since the powder in the kit dries clear, you'll see the white tip through the acrylic.

And that's about everything that comes in the kit (well except the instructions which I didn't take a pic of).

Pricing:

I picked this kit up at Walgreens for about $14.99.

The Bottom Line:

This kit is sooooo much cheaper than going to the nail salon. It says there is enough product to do 5 complete sets and 10 refills. I don't think you can beat that price anywhere.

When I used this kit for refilling my nails, it was fairly easy to use, but something that practice will definitely help with.

I think this kit is very reasonably priced and worth a try if you love the look of acrylic nails, but want to save some money!

When I actually do a full set on myself, I will take pictures of the process and have a more in depth how-to.

Has anyone else tried this kit? Thoughts?

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment