Saturday, May 31, 2014

Sigma Dry 'N Shape Review

Hi everyone!

So today I am going to be doing a little review and impression about the Sigma Dry 'N Shape.



If you don't know, the Sigma Dry 'N Shape is a product... similar to a brush roll, that has "special" elastic bands the brush bristles go in and is supposed to make your brushes dry faster after washing them. The box promises that even the most thick and dense brushes will be dry between 4 and 6 hours.


So here are some wet brushes face brushes that i just finished washing (from my last post where I talked about how I wash my brushes).


So, according to the Dry 'N Shape instructions, you slide your wet brush handle first through the smallest elastic band that it will fit in, so that the bristles will be held really tightly in the band.....


.... something like this.


And this is all my brushes I did to try this out. The bottom of my powder brush was too thick to but in the holder at the bottom.


I then rolled the Dry 'N Shape backwards and snapped it so I could stand it upside down - this way any water would not drip back into the ferrule and mess up the glue holding the bristles together.

Did they dry in time...
 
So... I then waited for 6 hours before checking my brushes.... and only a couple of them were dry... I was really disappointed, because obviously, the guarantee of the product was not true. So I let the rest of them stay in over night. by this point it was about 18 hours that they had set. I checked them again in the morning... and no... still not all of them were dry.

By this time I am pretty furious because this product is not doing what it promised to do. It took over 3 days before all of my brushes were completely dry... Which is normal waiting time for really thick brushes (always have backup brushes ladies)... so this product didn't do anything to speed up the process like it promised.


The only thing it did do was reshape my brushes really nicely. At least it did one thing it promised to do.

The Bottom Line:

I would NOT buy or recommend this product in any way. I have never been so disappointed in a product... especially since this cost $30!!!!

If I could return it, I would, but I ordered mine off of Amazon so I could use a gift card.

Since I have to keep it, I will use it for reshaping purposes... but it is not worth it at all.

My bf recommended next time to try and run a blow dryer over the elastics while the brushes are in there to see if that helps.... but it is definitely something I shouldn't have to do with such a pricey product.  



Hope everyone is having a beautiful day! (Despite such a bad review post lol)



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment