Sunday, May 25, 2014

Makeup Storage and Organization Part 2

Hi everyone!

Today I will going over part 2 of my makeup storage/organization by showing you how I organized my makeup in the storage cart featured in my first storage/organization post.


I picked up this 10 drawer cart at Micheal's Arts and Crafts about 2 years ago. I think the original price was around $60, but they are always running 40% off regularly priced items coupon deal; so I was able to get it far cheaper. I have also seen these at other craft and home-good stores, so they shouldn't be too hard to find if you like it. I have also seen an all white one if you don't like the super rainbow-y one.


In my top drawer I have some hair supplies: a couple of curling irons, barrettes, hair bands, bobby pins, and headbands.

 I have the headbands in a small basket I got at the Dollar Tree. I think there were 2 or 3 baskets bundled together for $1. These baskets are featured throughout the rest of the post in various sizes.


The second drawer has scarves (I use as headbands) and bandanas (that I also use as headbands).
I find most of my scarves and bandannas at dollar stores and the dollar spot section at Target.


The next drawer has eyeshadows and few backup eye products (mascara, eyeliner, primer, etc.).
The front bin has higher end shadow pots, the back left bin has cream shadows, and the back right bin has smudge pots, with the front right section open for my remaining shadow palettes.


The next drawer down has three long bins in the back with pigments on the left, quads and pairs powder shadows in the middle, and elf studio single powder shadows on the right. The front space has miscellaneous eye products (large shadow compacts, gel liner, cake liner, shadow transformer, primer, glitter primer).


The next drawer down has my blushes (front bin and right side) and bronzers and highlighters (back bin). I also keep my kabuki brush in here because it didn't fit in my brush storage cup.


Down one more drawer to all the lip products. Front left bin is lipsticks, front right bin is wand applicator glosses, back left bin is lip liners and crayons, and back right bin is squeeze tube glosses.


 Next one has some miscellaneous face products that I don't use too often. Back bin has some powders, mineral powders/foundations, and BB creams - front has more powder, BB cream, tinted moisturizer, concealer, and setting spray. I also have some false lashes in there because they fit in the space well lol.


Next down holds my brush roll cup and my Sigma Dry N' Shape (review coming soon). I also keep extra makeup bags in here when I empty them out.


Second to last drawer has a lot of "extras." Front bin has extra mascaras (ones I don't love buy might need one day...), then brushes (more stuff I don't love but may come in handy), and a pack of sponges in the back.


Finally the bottom drawer is... well... full of stuff I really don't like, but can't bring myself to throw out. My boyfriend does a lot of Special FX makeup, so I like to have extra stuff on hand just in case.

Well, that wraps it up! Hope this gave you some storage and organization ideas. As you can tell this cart holds a ton of products, and I think it a great system.

How do you store your makeup? Let me know down below :)

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!


**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment