Thursday, August 21, 2014

elf Glitter Primer

Hi everyone!

I'm still catching up on some reviews from my elf haul I did back in April, so today will feature the elf Glitter Prime.



This primer was new at the time I ordered it, and for only $2, I decided to give it a try.


I've used it a few times now, and I must say, I do rather like it.

 
Initially it goes on white, but when you rub it out, it goes on perfectly clear.

I've used this for both glitter (as it's name suggests) and as just an eyeshadow primer.

As a primer for regular shadow, I find that it works well - it holds the shadow in place for much longer than not using a primer, it doesn't seem to make the shadow crease, and it does make shadow a little bit more intense looking. I personally have really thin skin on my eyelids, which means you can see my veins, so I do use foundation or tinted primer underneath this to cover up that little issue.

As primer for glitter, I also think it works really well. I have never used another glitter primer or adhesive before, so I can't say if it works better or worse than any other glitter primer out there, but I do know that this product does it's job. One of the things about it that impresses me the most, is the fact that it can be layered over eyeshadow without smudging it, or making it looks different in any manner (I pat it on the lid when applying it over shadow). This way, a color can be put down on the eyelid before placing glitter.

Bottom Line: If you're looking for a cosmetic glitter primer, or an eyeshadow primer that can be used in a versatile manner (primer and glitter adhesive), I would definitely recommend giving this product a try. For $2, I really don't think you can go wrong.

Has anyone else every tried this? Thoughts? Other glitter primers you like? Let me know.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment