Sunday, April 20, 2014

Review: elf Nail Polish

Hi everyone!

Today I want to share with you my thoughts on the elf nail polish.



A couple of the bottles look a little larger than the others, but they aren't; it was just something that happened when I was cropping and stitching.... so sorry about that :)

Anyway, here are the colors that I got from left to right (top row and then second):

Desert Haze, Nude, Dragon Fruit, Bubble Gum Pink, Teal Blue, High Tide, Misty Haze, Twinkle Twilight

I love these polishes! They are so creamy, and give such wonderful coverage! I have some swatches below, I am aware some of them look streaky, but that's because I did just one coat of polish so that you could see how much coverage they give with just one pass. In real life, I always put two coats, which gives 100% coverage.



I have had a couple of elf mini polishes in the past, but I have never tried the full-sized regular polishes before now, but I'm glad I did. These are soooooo long lasting. I have had my current color on for about a week and a half now, and they are not chipped one bit. I do have a top-coat on, which I know makes a difference, but most of my polish usually starts showing some wear by now.

The only complaints I do have, which aren't even about the polish themselves is the packaging oddity. I love the bottles, and the shape, and the look, but....


some of the tops of the bottles don't line up perfectly if you screw them on all the way. That's just a minor annoyance. Also, I didn't like that there were stickers on the front of the caps of all the bottoms and I had to scrub them with baby oil and alcohol forever to get them off. Again, minor annoyances that have nothing to do with the product itself.


Pricing:

These polishes currently retail at $2 a piece. I ordered mine off of elf's website.  I have seen some pf the polish sets in Target, but I have not seen individual shades in the store yet.

The Bottom Line:

I love these polishes! At $2 a bottle, these are super affordable and really good quality. I would dare to compare them to everyone's beloved Essie polish. They currently have 50 different colors, so there is plenty to choose from to please everyone's preferences. If you love doing your nails and haven't tried these yet, I highly recommend them!

What shades have you tried if any?

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment