Sunday, April 6, 2014

Review: elf Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths

Hi everyone! I haven't posted in several days, and I just wanted to apologize. I've been super busy with all of my end of the semester work for school.

Today I wanted to share with you one of my favorite products ever, the elf Makeup Remover Cleansing Cloths. These are my holy grail when it comes to taking off my makeup.


Taking off your makeup at the end of the day is one of the most important things you can do as the foundation of your skincare routine. If you just go straight to washing your face without taking off your makeup first, you are really just doing a disservice to your skin; all you're doing is pushing all of that gunk further into your pores. Your cleanser is working so hard to breakdown your makeup, it isn't really cleaning your face.


 This is kind of gross, but I just wanted to show you how much makeup one of these cloths actually removes. This is all of my eye makeup (heavy eyeshadow, liquid liner, and tons of mascara) and all of my face makeup (foundation, powder, bronzer, blush, and highlighter). I just use one side for my eyes and then flip it over and use the other side for my face.

You can even use it for a full face of costume makeup! Yes I have been there and done that.

The one thing I do have to say, is after you remove your makeup with these, you do have to wash your face; this isn't a substitute. No makeup remover is. Most makeup removers that are really effective leave your face feeling a little oily because most makeup needs to broken down with oil; water just won't work on quality makeup. 

Anyway, after all your makeup is removed, just wash your face as normal, and you should feel an amazing difference in the way your skin feels if you haven't been removing your makeup before washing.


 Pricing:

You get 20 wipes in each pack for $3. I have not seen any makeup remover that actually works come any more affordably than these cloths. That's 10 cents a day for 20 days!

You can either order these off of the elf website or you can buy them at any Target and some Walmarts. Target has had a contract with elf for years, but I have noticed Walmart has only recently started carrying a few of their products, so they might not have them everywhere yet. 

The Bottom Line:

This is one of my most favorite products ever. They are super effective at removing an entire face of makeup with ease for a price that you really can't beat.

Little Tip:

If you get these, you will notice they are kind of packaged like baby wipes. Some of the liquid can sink to the bottom of the pack, so when you get a new one, they top few might not be as moist as the bottom ones. Just give the package a few good squeezes before you open it to redistribute the liquid.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute



No comments:

Post a Comment