Monday, April 21, 2014

Acrylic Nail Supply Haul

Hi everyone!

Today I wanted to share with you a haul of sorts. Here's a little back story:

Several weeks ago I had my nails done for a special occasion and got a full set of acrylics. When I've had acrylics in the past, it usually took about 6 weeks before they needed filling because my nails grew so slowly. Well, it's been a few years since the last time and evidently my nails go super quickly now. This is good and bad because well, it is just way too expensive to get them refilled every couple of weeks. So, I decided I would just refill them myself to save money and then use the kit I bought to do my own full acrylic set the next time I want some.


I did a little research and tried to figure out everything I needed, stood at the drugstore for probably a little too long, and this is what I came up with.


The two main items I got were the Kiss Complete Salon Acrylic Kit and the Kiss Power File Deluxe. 

Both of these items will have full reviews up soon.

 
I then got a few smaller items to try and make the who process easier:

The Onyx Professional acetone remover is for when I decide to take off the nails. I have never used this product, but I know you have to use 100% acetone to dissolve acrylic, which I didn't have because I usually buy a milder polish remover because it isn't as damaging.

The second product is the Sally Hansen Super Acrylic Protection top coat. I have other top coats, but I figured I would try this one out since it is supposed to harden way more than most.

Then I got the Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail and Cuticle Oil. The whole process of putting acrylic nails on can be very damaging to the cuticles and such. If you have ever had your nails done at the salon, you will have noticed they put an oil on after the finish - this is it.

The Nailene artificial nail clippers were just so I could keep the shape of the nails more easily and to be able to cut the whole nail at once.

Finally I got a buffing block. I love these things, they make nails so shiny. I have used them before, I just figured I would pick up a new one.

I will have reviews on some of these products up later on too.


If you are interested in any of these products for yourself, I bought the acrylic kit and the electronic file at Walgreens and the rest of the products at Walmart.

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!



**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment