Thursday, April 10, 2014

elf HD Undereye Setting Powder

Hi everyone!

If you saw my elf haul post I made last week, which you can find here, you know I bought a lot of new products to try when they were having their new products sale. One of those products was the new HD Under-eye setting powder.

 


I have really dark under-eye circles, so I am always looking for something new to make my life covering them up a little bit easier. When I saw this, I got super excited because it is supposed to be one of those blurring powders and I believe it is also supposed to help brighten as well. 


So... after trying this powder... I can't say that I love it like I hoped I would.  

The powder is really fine in texture as you can probably tell from the picture above, and it does blend out very nicely and give that blur effect HD powders are supposed to (like in person Photoshop). I tried to get a pic, but you couldn't really tell :/

The thing I don't like about it is... it has glitter in it. You can kind of see little glitter flecks in the pic above, but at the time I thought it was just glitter from previous swatches. I have used this a couple of times under my eye and it does in deed have glitter in the actual powder. Is that supposed to be the brightening part? To me it just makes it look you have fall out from eyeshadow on your face.

Pricing:

This powder is $3 for a pretty small jar (about the size of a gel liner). The size didn't bother me too much, because even though it's a powder, if you only use it under the eye, it would last quite a while... but on the other hand, I can get other much larger HD powders for the whole face that is more worth the price for the size.

The Bottom Line:

 I personally did not like this product. It did blur out my skin like it was supposed to, but I just can't get over the glitter. I also didn't notice that it brightened anything... so really no point in using a special powder when I can just use my face powder.

I love most elf products, but this one was really a miss for me. Maybe I'll find some use for it so it doesn't just sit in my "products I don't use but can't bring myself to throw away" drawer. Eyeshadow possibly? 

Any of you ever tried this? What do you think?

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!


**Note: This review is solely my own personal opinion. This item was purchased by me and I was in no way asked to write this review.
**All images are my own (c)bargainbeaute

No comments:

Post a Comment